This post may contain affiliate links.
The Two Methods for Generating Keyword Ideas
There are two methods for generating keyword ideas. The first is to brainstorm a list of words that are relevant to the topic. The second is to use a tool, such as Google AdWords Keyword Tool, which will generate keywords based on the criteria you input.
This type of keyword generator tool will help you to create the most relevant keywords and phrases for your products and services. A good keyword generator will also find the best keywords for your industry, location, and time of day.
As the content writer you choose the method or tool you prefer or feel works best for you.
Start with Broad Keywords and Get More Specific as You Go Along
A common mistake that most people make is to start off with the narrow keywords and try to broaden them as they write. This can lead to ‘keyword stuffing’ where you end up adding in keywords but it doesn’t help your article flow.
The right way to approach this is to start with broad keywords, to get the general idea of what you want your piece of content to be about. And then as you go along, add in more specific keywords that are relevant for SEO purposes.
You Know You’re on the Right Track with Keyword Research When…
- You have a list of profitable keyword combinations.
- You have a good understanding of keyword research and know how to use keywords in your content.
- You have a good understanding of competitor analysis and know what your competitors are doing. You can identify what keywords your competitors are targeting.
- You have been able to increase your visibility with industry influencers.
- Your website’s performance has improved in Google’s search engine results pages (SERP) and you are able to outrank your competitors.
Conclusion: The Best Way To Do Keyword Research For Your Blog
A great way to do keyword research for your blog is by using the Google AdWords Keyword Tool. This will allow you to know which keywords will have the highest volume of search and when you should post your content.
Google has been providing SEO professionals with keyword research tools for years now. It’s not only free, but it also is very accurate and reliable. The Google Adwords Keyword Tool is one of the best keyword research tools out there at this point in time. With this tool, you will be able to find exactly what you are looking for, without the hassle of having to go through hundreds of pages.